Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oops! - Cranberry-Pistachio Cornmeal Biscotti

I made these cookies for Christmas and forgot to post about them!


Shame on me, I know. But I figured they wouldn’t be completely out of season: after all, cranberries and pistachios aren’t reserved for the holidays, and cookies are good all year round, as far as I’m concerned. Furthermore, these biscotti are made with cornmeal, which keeps them crumbly and not too hard: you can easily eat them without having to dunk them into a cup of hot coffee, and can savour them alongside an iced mocha instead.



Made from a recipe by Martha Stewart, these biscotti were my first attempt at this type of cookie. It was quite easy, with my only problem (as far as I can recall) being keeping the fruit and nuts from popping out of the dough as I shaped it. They also kept beautifully.



You can find the recipe here. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That's funny! I still have candied orange peel in the fridge for a Christmas cake...
    Anyway, these look delicious and perfect for any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made 5 or 6 different kinds of biscotti at Christmas and totally forgot to post about them too! But biscotti is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscottis are fun and different to make. Never saw it with cornmeal. I would eat your version and month of the year!

    ReplyDelete